Improving Management of Inventory Control Systems and Processes
Mid-size mobile dental and medical service provider, which moves inventory and small equipment all over the country to service military members and prisoners at corrections facilities, was experiencing significant problems with inventory control.
BV Alan identified and segmented tactical improvements at a process level and facilitated the implementation of robust and sustainable enhancements. The focus areas included but were not limited to:
• Modifying and standardized the application of ACC Health’s existing inventory control system that was being underutilized.
• Removed the band-aids and redundant systems that had been implemented over time and improved the operation and effectiveness of the tools and workforce.
• Worked directly alongside the workforce to identify and drive process improvements.
• Established robust protocol documentation and trained the workforce on how to utilize the optimized systems.
• Defined and integrated financial component classification to improve accounting accuracy.
• Completed a risk analysis on multiple variables that led to cross-training and the opening of a second warehouse distribution center.
ACC Health has achieved world class levels of inventory control including managing cost of goods sold (COGS) at less than 3.5% inventory to revenue on a monthly basis and improving inventory accuracy on consumables, re-useable, and small equipment to less than 1% month over month. ACC Health can now accurately represent where their inventory is located and the value of that inventory with a level of confidence.
Operations Manager, ACC Health, Inc.
Dave Vedera was the breakthrough we were looking for to improve the management of our inventory control systems and processes. ACC Health struggled internally for years to define the best methodologies and to effectively utilize our systems.
Dave successfully integrated directly into our work environment and led our operations team through robust improvements. Dave provided us with strong and sustainable systems, which has resulted in ACC Health reaching world class levels of inventory accuracy and financial control in a very complex environment of moving items all over the country to support our dental and medical events.